At this month's OhioX MarCom Roundtable, we shared collaboration challenges, strategies, and tools that define our experience working with stakeholders across our organizations. In addition to walking through a couple of key tools we've used in our collaborative process, we put our heads together and came up with a handy checklist of collaboration best practices.
MarCom Collaboration Best Practices
• Talk with your customers and get deeply familiar with their wants, needs, and struggles. Develop high-fidelity personas based on this in-depth customer research.
• Talk with fellow marketers to learn about strategies and tools you weren't aware of—or to lend a sympathetic ear to your colleagues. We're in this together.
• Interact with sales frequently to align cross-functional teams and meet business goals together.
• Find allies and build partnerships to amplify your marcom initiatives and bolster your campaigns. Plus, it's fun making friends.
• Leverage data to chart a clear path forward—and to support your decisions along the way. Encourage your team to share data-driven insights regularly as part of the collaborative process.
• Be proactive and own your marcom agenda. Don't shut anyone out of the process but don't back down from your vision if you have the data to back it up.